Re: [LVM] Segment with extent 19632 in PV /dev/hda2 not found

Ralph Bergmann wrote:

> Hello!
>

> When I restore the configuration with:
>
> debian:/opt# vgcfgrestore computer100 -v -f /opt/neu2.vg
>
> i retrieve the following errormessage:
>
> File descriptor 3 left open
> File descriptor 5 left open
> File descriptor 7 left open
>   Incorrect metadata area header checksum
>   Segment with extent 19632 in PV /dev/hda2 not found
>   Couldn't read all logical volumes for volume group computer100.
>   Restore failed.
>

> What does it mean? What can I do?
>

> Best regards! Ralph

Hi Ralph,

May I assume you ran vgcfgbackup prior to your present need to
successfully use vgcfgrestore? :v) Hopefully, so. If yes, take a look at
the backup file created the last time you ran vgcfgbackup. Does the
metadata saved in that file match all of your volume groups as they
currently exist? Hopefully, you have been fairly 'religious' about
running vgcfgbackup immediately making and verifying any changes to your
volume groups.

Best regards,

LarryB