running backup

I have a file that I want to run daily to backup data.  This tgz file then needs to be copied to a Windows 2003 server.  I'm using smbclient, but it does not seem to work thru the script.  Can someone point out where the problem lies.  I run this as a cron job as follows:
30 19 * * 1,2,3,4,5 root /root/rubybackup.sh

The script is as follows:
#!/bin/sh
# script to automate the backup of the Ruby server to the W2K3 server
#
DAY=`date +'%a-%d-%m-%y'`
BACKUPDIR=/backup
RUBYLIVE=/var/lib/mysql/

cd $RUBYLIVE
tar -czvf /backup/rubylive${DAY}.tgz ./rubylive

cd $BACKUPDIR
smbclient //server/backup tfc651800 -U administrator
put rubylive${DAY}.tgz

Thanks