Re: duplicity, backup to ftp and specifying a user name

Ralph Katz wrote:
> I've only used duplicity with scp, but maybe you have bug  #238677.  Bug
> report has a work-around.

I had seen the issue with no files at the destination referenced elsewhere:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=2441

I uploaded a small file but I still had the problem.

BUT, I did look through the other bugs at debian.org and found this one:

There is a suggested code change there, so I will try patching my copy
of duplicity.

If this does not do the trick, I guess that I am stuck doing this in two
steps or I'll have to cave in and get a dreamhost account so that I can
do scp. My goal is encrypted, off-site backups of a few GB off files.