Re: Pendrive corrupted filesystem

Owen Heisler <owenh000@gmail.com> wrote:

> You certainly don't need to throw away the drive (just use fdisk to
> repartition and mkdosfs to format it)

> Install dosfstools, umount the
> partition and fsck it.

I used `parted', and the pendrive filesystem seems to be
recovered now.  I inserted the pendrive into the usb port, and:

# parted
GNU Parted 1.6.21 with HFS shrink patch 16
Copyright (C) 1998 - 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public License for more details.

Using /dev/sda
(parted) p
Disk geometry for /dev/sda: 0.000-241.500 megabytes
Disk label type: msdos
Minor    Start       End     Type      Filesystem  Flags
1          0.016    241.250  primary   fat16       boot
(parted) rm 1
(parted) p
Disk geometry for /dev/sda: 0.000-241.500 megabytes
Disk label type: msdos
Minor    Start       End     Type      Filesystem  Flags
(parted) mkpartfs primary fat16 0.000 241.500
(parted) p
Disk geometry for /dev/sda: 0.000-241.500 megabytes
Disk label type: msdos
Minor    Start       End     Type      Filesystem  Flags
1          0.031    235.327  primary   fat16

. Then I copied all the files and directories again, and

$ df /mnt/sda1
/dev/sda1               240688    179036     61652  75% /mnt/sda1

. Thanks to all who provided help.
Do you think it is all right now?
Cheers,
Rodolfo