Re: Data model design tool for debian.

Surachai Locharoen wrote:
Anybody know the best Data modelling tool on debian plathform?

There's an rpm on dev.mysql.com called mysql-workbench which I believe allows you to do ERDs and even create & reverse-engineer schemas.

However I didn't manage to get the package working which I installed. I downloaded the rpm available (1.0.6beta) and converted it a .deb with alien, but it gave me a segmentation fault when trying to run it.

Probably because it said it is "statically linked against glibc 2.2.5".

When I get a chance I may try downloading and compiling the src.

I'd be interested to hear if you try it.

Adam