Re: mplayer & mencoder

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 02:32:49PM +0300, gustavo halperin wrote:

> Second I want know how transcode to "mp3" audio format a dump audio
> file. This dump file I record from some Microsoft audio/radio stream
> like this one "mms://200.59.146.10/rockandpop-ba", using 'mplayer' in
> the next form "mplayer mms://200.59.146.10/rockandpop-ba -dumpstream".
> When I try use 'mencoder', its always say "Video stream is mandatory!"
> but, as you know. There are any way for use 'mencoder' for stream whit
> out video ??

Use "-vo null -vc null" in your command line.  You have to *specify* a video
stream, but the above says to not actually do anything with the video.

I have not used mencoder to make mp3 -- I tend to use lame.  Is there a
particular reason you wish to use mencoder?
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.