Re: DPI setting

* Digby Tarvin <digbyt@acm.org> [2006-04-30 23:50]:
> On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 11:22:27PM +0200, MC5686@mclink.it wrote:
> > I have a debian installation and I use a relatively high resolution
> > monitor (1600x1200).  It works fine but it is convinced I have 75x75
> > DPI, so everything is *very* small.  Real resolution is about
> > 110x110 DPI.  How can I convince xorg X server to use another
> > setting?
<...>
> In theory a 'DisplaySize' entry in the monitor section of your
> xorg.conf file should do it (see xorg.conf(1)) However I tried it
> myself a couple of days ago on my Debian Etch system <...> and
> couldn't get it to work.
<...>
> Let me know if you have better luck. If anyone has any idea what might
> be going wrong, please let me know.

Hi,

Depending on how you start X, you may be starting it with the -dpi
option. (my gdm.conf uses: `X -dpi 96')
AFAIK, this will override any DisplaySize settings in xorg.conf.

- Felix

--
Felix C. Stegerman <flx@obfusk.net>

"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature."
 -- R. Kulawiec