Re: Xorg upgrade troubles

On Friday 14 April 2006 22:18, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
[snip]

> Finally, to all those people, who keep referring unstable for newbies -
> situations like this should be kept in mind.
>
> raju

Don't worry. With the kind of  attitude on display among some of the regular
Debian-fanciers who post here, I should imagine these "newbies" will be
heading for Ubuntu; don't you think so? It's quite revealing that the new DPL
has suggested cleaned-up releases of testing from time to time, which kind of
suggests that the more practical-minded folks know full well that in practice
many desktop users will be heading for unstable or testing. Repeating the
mantra of "stable, stable" when it quite obviously isn't credible to a
sizeable chunk of your users is really a waste of time.

"Newbies" is also a rather patronising term. This isn't a cult.

:)

Fish