Re: Xorg upgrade troubles

Rick Friedman wrote:
On Thu April 13 2006 11:59, Michael Ott wrote:
Hello!

Some special keys do not work anymore
=====================================
Cannot switch to virtual consoles with Alt-Ctrl-F1

Dead keys (ˇ) do not work anymore (e.g. for characters like Ž)
Try this:
setxkbmap -rules "xorg" -model "pc105" -layout "de"

This worked for me. After that i can reset the keyboard preference for
my Gnome Desktop. But I believe that you have to change the values of
the parameter

After upgrading I also have the problem of not being able to switch to virtual consoles. I tried your suggestion and it works fine (although I substituted "us" for "de" in the layout).

I have put that in a script which is run on startup of KDE. However, is there someway to do this for all users upon startup of X rather than individually putting the script in each user's Autostart directory? If there is a way to do it... well, how?

Thanks,
Rick

You may want to take a look in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, ans /var/log/Xorg.log. You will probably see errors setting the kdb parameters due to incorrect wording in xorg.conf.

The relevant section of my xorg.conf is

Option		"XkbRules"	"xorg"
Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
Option		"XkbLayout"	"gb"