Re: What's the next step?

Rocky Ou wrote:
[...]
   1. Which package should I download so that I can  browse webpages as
   how I'm doing under Windows?  This is very important as lots of webpages
   will give me how-to instructions. Do I use apt-get  xxxxx? Or something
   else? [...]

I would start out with lynx--a text mode WWW browser. The graphical
browsers such as Mozilla require X windows to be installed and configured.

If your display hardware is proprietary, you'll have to browse the net
to get the drivers to get X working, and lynx can let you do that from
text mode.

Another potentially useful text-modem WWW browser is w3m.