Re: i want spam

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 08:01 -0800, Hex Star wrote:
> Well by her signing up to this list and posting to it, since her
> address isn't obfuscated in the archives she's now one step closer to
> getting spam ;-) :P...and if she really wants spam, she can google my
> email address and sign up for the services that come up, and post to
> them with her email address and she'll be sure to get lots of spam
> because the combination of places I've been to seem to have really
> brought in the spam
>
> On 3/19/06, Peter Teunissen <oneman@onemanifest.net> wrote:
>
>         On 19-mrt-2006, at 1:17, Sara Baker wrote:
>
>         > i want spam!!! please send me as much spam as possible
>

>         You've com to the right place, many posters can at least
>         supply you with some nice spam from uol.com.br! But maybe you
>         could amuse us some more by elaborating of the intended use of
>         our precious spam collections? :-)
>

>         (sorry, couldn't resist :-)
>

>         Peter

Interestingly, I read a piece once about a gentleman trying to get his
email address spammed.  He did everything -- signed up on the
mailinglists, gave the address to porn websites, .. everything.

He received no spam.  Turns out, his email address included the string
"spam" in it, and it made the email address nearly immune to receiving
it (evidently, spam distribution is smart enough to search for it).

So if I were attempting to get my email address spammed, methinks I
would do everything to actually avoid use of the string "spam".

chance