Re: phpGroupWare and MySQL

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 09:41 -0500, Matthias Julius wrote:
> Bernard Fay <bfay@deepcosmos.ca> writes:
>
> > But is this root user the MySQL db admin name defined at the
> > installation of phpGroupWare?  If yes then something went wrong at the
> > installation because I gave a password to this user.
>
> Try to run 'dpkg-reconifigure phpgroupware'.  That should ask you for
> database admin login information.  And it will ask you what you want
> for the phpGroupWare database user name and password.
>
> Matthias

I tried to reconfigure phpgroupware and YET to give a password to the
root MySQL user but I got the same result so I created the DB by hand
and without password. I guess there is a problem with this part of the
configuration.

But I got another problem...

According to the messages received while creating the DB it should be
ok.  Now, I am  back to the phpgroupware setup and yet it tells me
"Your Database is not working!
Make sure that your database is created and the account permissions are
set."

What is wrong and how can I find out what is wrong?  Is there a log
somewhere?

Thanks,
Bernard