Re: DHCP client takes too long

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 21:12 +0530, Aravind. R wrote:

Hello
I am using Debian Sarge. Whenever I boot the machine, the DHCP client
assigns an IP address, and just waits. Booting continues only when I
press Ctrl + C . Howver, the network works fine. Could you suggest some
remedy.

I had this exact problem recently, and it turned out that I had a package called zeroconf installed that was causing this hang up. If you don't need zeroconf (and I didn't) then purging it should resolve the problem you're having.

John