Installation of Sarge on an Asus motherboard

Hello! I have a strange problem on a machine. I have a Debian repository
really close by. Now, I have the Sarge first CD, and would like to install the
rest from the repository. Now, the ethernet card is sis190, for which the
driver is not present in the kernel 2.6.8. Now, I have been trying to install
linux-image-2.6.15 (k7), but I have to boot into another OS and keep coming
back to Debian only to find that every package I have downloaded needs some
dependencies which I have to go back and download again.

Now, is there a good way to get the ethernet card working without having to
burn many CDs of Debian?

Thanks.

Kumar

(Please CC me, as I am not on the list.)

--
Kumar Appaiah

Address:
Kumar Appaiah