new install; no printing

Hi Folks,

Brand new convert from Redhat to Debian 3.1.  Just about have everything set
up except for the printer.

So I'm trying to figure out how to get my printer recognized and working.  I
loaded the Printing Manager utility and it shows I'm using the "Generic UNIX
LPD Print System."

Under the Add menu, there are two options:
Add Printer/Class (greyed out)
Add Special Pseudo Printer

No where do I see any options to select my printer from a list, much less for
the system to detect my printer.  My printer is a Samsung ML-1210 laser which
worked great under Redhat.

I need some direction on how to go about getting this set up.  I don't even
know where to begin on this one.

Thanks,
Derek

--