Re: Controlling eth0,eth1,... assignment order?

Svante Signell wrote:
The solution given below has been working for some time now, until udev
0.085-1 from Feb 19 was installed. Then the behaviour is wrong again,
eth0 is associated to the 8139too driver and eth1 is associated to the
3c59x driver. What has changed in the udev functionality? The
file /etc/udev/static-nic.rules linked
to /etc/udev/rules.d/025_static-nic.rules does not seem to be run at
startup anymore :-( This issue should probably be an FAQ by now. Any
pointers??

Are you sure that the rules are not read at bootup anymore, or are you
just inferring this from the incorrect assignment of the interface
names? Other people also have reported problems with the solution you
refer to, and at least in some cases the following workaround helped:

(I have not used my laptop in a while, and my desktop has only one
network interface, therefore I do not know if this still works with
the newest udev. Worth a try, I hope.)

Regards,
           Florian