Re: squirrelmail (stable) insists on apache2 when apache is installed

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 03:59:39PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 10:43:06PM -0500, Carl Fink wrote:
> > The docs for squirrelmail say it depends on either apache2 or httpd
> > (virtual).  The httpd docs say it is supplied by many web server packages
> > including apache.  However, attempting to install squirrelmail on my server,
> > which runs apache, results in apt-get trying to install apache2.  Why?
> >
> > Is this a bug?
>
> Seems like it. What does Policy say about it? Weird how it does'nt
> detect that apache Provides httpd
>
> > Can I continue my record of asking questions nobody knows the answer to?
>
> No. :-)

Well, I've reported it as a bug.  No response for far from the maintainer.

I think I'm going to need to install it using dpkg and --force-depends.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
   "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your