Re: Not automounting a USB Cardreader??

L.V.Gandhi wrote:

[...]

Which program automounts usb devices in KDE so that it is shown
mounted in desktop

We might have a slight misunderstanding here: Whether or not a device is
"mounted" in the filesystem is not directly related to whether or not
an icon is visible on the desktop. If it is enough for you to have an
icon appear on the desktop whenever you plug in such a device, then the
procedure outlined in the thread above should be sufficient. (Read the
follow-up posts.) The mounting is then done automatically as soon as you

click on the icon,

   -------------------------
Thanks for nice and clear reply. As I underlined above, may I know
what program mounts it as icon is clicked and how

KDE calls the program "pmount" to mount the device. If your user is in
the group "plugdev" you can try this yourself from the command line:

$ pmount /dev/sda1 usb

will mount the device sda1 under /media/usb, and

$ pumount usb

will unmount it again.

By the way, I have just noticed that this morning's upgrade from KDE
3.5.0-4 to 3.5.1-1 seems to have broken this feature on my machine. At
the moment I do no longer get an icon on my desktop even though pmount
itself seems to work fine. I have no clue yet how to fix this. Maybe I
just have to wait until all KDE packages have made the transition to
3.5.1.

Regards,
            Florian