proftpd - Disable PAM...

Hi all.
I need to disable PAM for proftpd.
( I wish to use only AuthUserFile )
But I don't understand why it works with my conf, I set AuthPAM to off
! ARGH !

Another question...  I get:
  "warning: AuthPAMAuthoritative is deprecated"
when proftpd starts.
So I don't need it... ? Or I need another directive ?

Here is my conf:

=== proftpd.conf ===

ServerName                      "MyFTP"
ServerType                      standalone
DeferWelcome                    off

MultilineRFC2228                on
DefaultServer                   on
ShowSymlinks                    on

TimeoutNoTransfer               600
TimeoutStalled                  600
TimeoutIdle                     1200

# DisplayLogin                    welcome.msg
# DisplayFirstChdir               .message
ListOptions                     "-l"

DenyFilter                      \*.*/

# Uncomment this if you are using NIS or LDAP to retrieve passwords:
PersistentPasswd                off

# Uncomment this if you would use TLS module:
#TLSEngine                      on

# Uncomment this if you would use quota module:
#Quotas                         on

# Uncomment this if you would use ratio module:
#Ratios                         on

# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.
Port                            21

# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of child processes
# to 30.  If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent connections
# at once, simply increase this value.  Note that this ONLY works
# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an inetd server
# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes per service
# (such as xinetd)
MaxInstances                    30

# Set the user and group that the server normally runs at.
User                            nobody
Group                           nogroup

# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new files and dirs
# (second parm) from being group and world writable.
Umask                           022  022
# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.
AllowOverwrite                  off

# My options:
AuthPAM                         off
AuthPAMAuthoritative            off
AuthUserFile                    /etc/proftpd.users
RequireValidShell               no