Windows emulator (wine) errors, and one solution

Hello,

I've tried to run the motorola mobile phone tools under wine and right
away I encountered two problems.  This is after doing an update with
aptitude just an hour ago, in which wine and libwine were upgraded.

Wine didn't find kernel32.dll.  After looking at another version of
wine in woody I realized that a couple of links were missing.  Fixed
with:

cd /usr/lib; ln -s wine/kernel32.dll.so libkernel32.dll.so
cd /home/`whoami`/.wine/drive_c/windows/system; ln -s /usr/lib/wine/kernel32.dll.so kernel32.dll

Once that was done, kernel32.dll is entered but the following popup
appears:

Executable 'Z:\mnt\Setup.exe had the following
unrecoverable error:
While resolving references to Z:\mnt\Setup.exe
No Section with Relative Virtual Address 11b648 in
module c:\windows\system\kernel32.dll
Section Listing: Section 0 'S *' 00000392 -
000009a3

		OK

Note the "S" in the next-to-last line is actually the paragraph sign.

Does anyone have a clue as to how to solve this?

A.