Re: Re: sudo and X

I haven't seen any definitive answers to this one yet and I'm not sure
if the behavior is different between sarge and etch (I have etch).

After the update of sudo I didn't have any problems, but as soon as I
put the "Defaults env_reset" into the /etc/sudoers as suggested by the
DSA 946-1, the sudo environment was limited to the few variables.
DISPLAY is not one the those variables.

According to the DSA, additional variables are only passed through when
set as env_check in /etc/sudoers, but I haven't got it working. I.e.

Defaults env_reset
Defaults env_check += DISPLAY

doesn't work for me.

So, until somebody comes up with the correct way of doing this, I use
env_keep to pass the needed variables to sudo:

Defaults env_reset
Defaults env_keep = "DISPLAY"

in my /etc/sudoers.

Simo

Cool! finally, that explains why X after sudo works on
my desktop, fails on my laptop. Obviously, sudo
upgrade on the desktop did not touch my /etc/sudoers,
and I installed debian on my laptop after the sudo
update, :-P

Thanks!

Lei