gam-server - eating up CPU

Currently using etch - updates applied through 1/10

I'm having an issue with gam-server (I think it has something to do
with file alteration monitor, right???) using up nearly 100% of CPU at
times, i.e., it's at the top of 'top'. :(

Right now it's using nearly 88% of the CPU. Little else is running
besides X, kde apps, protein folding @ home and so forth.

I will attempt to kill gam-server, but how to prevent this? Killing
gam_server helps a lot actually. :)

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.