Re: IMAP Server Requirement

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 05:06:03PM -0500, Ropetin wrote:

> I'd like to then setup an IMAP server on another machine, with more
> storage, and have it pull email from the regular POP server and make it
> available to a limited number of users.  It will be hosted inside our
> network, with no outside access, except through already configured
> remote means.
>
> What software do I need to use to make this happen?  I've read about a
> number of different pieces of software but can't figure out what would
> be best.  I don't want you to walk me through it step by step, just
> point me in the right direction and give me a push!

Use fetchmail to collect the mail from the POP server and inject it into
the local SMTP server, which will then inject into your imap system. Use
whatever imap server you most feel comfortable with. For your needs,
cyrus is probably good because it doesn't require local user accounts.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA

Dave is currently listening to Camper Van Beethoven - A. C. Cover (Camper Vantiquities)