Re: Mouse configuration

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 07:23:08PM -0500, Don wrote:

>    I've goggled till my fingers hurt.  Is there a way to change the mouse
>    configuration?

  In your X11 setup, which will either be in the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf
 or the file /etc/X11/XFree86.conf

  Look for lines similar to these (yours most likely won't match
 exactly):

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

  Change the "Protocol" to "PS/2" for a plain PS/2 mouse, rather
 than ImPS/2 as in the sample above.  Once you've done that
 restart X, or your login manager.  (Failing that just reboot!)

  Hope that helps..

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration