Re: Udev, USB and LVM

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Andy Hawkins wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what I need to do (presumably in udev) to arrange for
> vgscan and vgchange to be exectued when this drive is detected? I already

First, make sure /etc/lvm/lvm.conf allows scanning of the devices the USB
disk will show up as.

Then, make sure to call /etc/init.d/lvm start *after* the USB device is
available (that might well mean you need to call /etc/init.d/lvm start
twice...)

> have udev rules to give it a persistent name, so udev is set up to some
> extent. What I need now is to be able to execute some script (presumably
> from udev) when this drive is detected.

Well, you could call /etc/init.d/lvm start.  That will make all lv present
in the system active (as long as /etc/lvm/lvm.conf allows lvm to find the
pvs and consequently, vgs...)

  Henrique Holschuh