RE: TCP not working over ppp connection (WAS: 5th day using Linux...)

* lsmod > outfile.txt

Ok, how do I get my outfile to a floppy?

* You say you can ping outside addresses? and dns works to? such as
* ping www.google.com

Yup. I can ping without a problem! Ping www.google.com resolves the IP and
gets replies in around 200ms.

* what is output from wget or apt-get ?

wget www.google.com

http://www.google.com
=> 'index.html'
Resolving (bunch of IPs bound to the domain) Connecting
www.google.com[66.233.16199]:80... Failed: Connection Timed Out

apt-get resolves the IP of the server (I am using the University of Berkley
server) and then gives some error that the server could not be contacted.

Tyson Varosyan
Technical Manager, Uptime Technical Solutions LLC.
tyson@up-times.com
www.up-times.com
206-715-TECH (8324)

UpTime/OnTime/AnyTime