Re: Hearts again anyone?

Chinook wrote:

Etch with kernel 2.6.12-1-686 (2.6.12-10)  Gnome desktop

Good. Most people do not provide this (vital IMHO) information when posting this kind of question.

Anyway, I'm back to putting up the hearts card game for "She who must be obeyed." Installing the download balks at not having KDE installed. After the various issues I've had, Im back to a simple Gnome desktop and have no desire to put up KDE for all its bells and whistles (don't blame it - just don't need it).

The question is that, even if I don't use it otherwise, can I have some minimum KDE installed, install the hearts program and run it in my Gnome desktop??

apt-get install kde-base

kde-base will pull all the basic packages required for KDE. I do not know what hearts game you are talking about, but you can just apt-get install that game and it will pull all the required dependencies by itself and you need not run the above command.

It should be possible to run KDE applications inside GNOME without any problems. But right now KDE 3.4 is coming into testing, so things might not be as smooth as testing users want it to be. But yes, it is possible to run KDE apps from GNOME.

bye
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi