Re: How to get new Debian gpg keys?

Edward C. Jones wrote:
> I am getting the following message from synaptic:
>
> W: GPG error: http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable Release: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> NO_PUBKEY 010908312D230C5F
>
> From what I have read, this is going to happen every January. What do I
> do? Where in the Debian documentation is the procedure I need to use
> documented?

wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc -O - | sudo apt-key add -

Secure apt is too young for us to have a well-defined procedure for
dealing with this. Apparently they tried to do a two-step transition
that would have allowed apt to download a new version of itself that
knew about the new key before the old key expires, but the way it's been
done so far has not worked due to a bug in apt.

--
see shy jo