Re: Older platform compatiblity with Debian

On (03/01/06 09:42), Riley, James F  (US SSA) wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> I am new to Linux in general and I am trying to find out the
> compatibility of use some version of Debian Linux with and older
> personal computer. The systems I am thinking of switching is a ten year
> pc currently running a full install of Windows98. The pc has a 166MHz.
> Cyrix Processor, 64 Mbytes of RAM, and 1 Byte Hard Drive. Would anyone
> know where I can locate the information that I need to install Debian
> with this micro processor.

You could check out Damn Small Linux:
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

Or download Beatrix which is based on Ubuntu (and consequently Debian)
but can be run as a 'Live' CD initially and then installed on to your
HD.  I assume your drive is 1Gb  not 1Byte :)

http://www.watsky.net/download.html

Regards

Clive

--