Re: Help!

I'm not too familiar with the new installer, but couldn't there be a question about whether or not a GUI should be installed and have the GUI as the default option. People who know what they are doing can select the non-GUI option and the rest will probably be happy with getting a GUI.

There is one. At some point the installer asks what's gonna be the purpose of the computer: desktop, web server, file server, etc.

I have nothing against easiness. But I don't think it should be the main focus when improving Debian.