Exim + relay + auth

I've been trying to find some information all over the web now, and I can't find any solution to my problem (getting nuts!). I want to run a mailserver with IMAP-support, and I've installed the exim4 package (using monolithic file option) together with courier. The problem is that I can't figure out how to force smtp auth as well as relay mails from any host (for the authenticated users only). I don't want to use any encryption for auth either.

I would need a step-by-step description on how to make this because none of the other user's posts have given straightforward instructions that could help me.

I feel that I've tried everything now, but without any success so any help is highly appreciated!

If possible, feel free to contribute with a config file that would solve this as well.

Thanks!

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/