Re: pager changed after upgrade from woody to sarge:

James Haskell wrote:
> my /etc/inputrc (without comments) is:
>   set input-meta on
>   set output-meta on
> so, i don't think my readline configuration is the
> cause.

That looks normal.

The problem now is that what you describe sounds really normal to me.
And apparently to the other responders.  But what you described as
your previous behavior is what I can't explain.  I don't see that on
my old woody machines.  I can't explain your previous behavior.

> just curious, what version(s) of bash and libreadline
> do you have installed on your sarge machine.  i have
>     bash (version 2.05b-26)
>     libreadline4 (version 4.3-11)
>     libreadline5 (version 5.0-10)

As much as possible I run released stable systems.  So I am running
the Sarge versions, the same as you show here.  I just looked and Bash
actually uses a statically compiled in version of libreadline.  So
that will be the same if the bash version is the same.

Bob