Re: 2problems; kernel & net, apt-get err

Es'uomikim wrote:

> /debian:~# apt-get -f install
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>  mozilla-thunderbird-locale-pl

> /var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-thunderbird-locale-pl.postrm:
> update-mozilla-thunderbird-chrome: command not found dpkg: b??d

> Thunderbird is not instaled, few libs also aren't; I cannot remove this
> package (even with attrib --force-yes); I cannot upgrade it or do aything
> to make it work and anything to make work apt-get....how to remove it and
> make apt-get work ...?

The missing command is part of the mozilla-thunderbird package. Try
installing that first, then see if you can remove the problem package. Note
that you might have to manually download the .deb and use dpkg -i to
install it.

> I want to upgrade my kernel but after installing new one it doesn't
> connect to internet... Whan I installed debian it made everything
> automaticly. While configurateing nwe kernel I checked 'Y' on my Realtec
> RTL-8139 card; everything else was set like Xconfig suggested me "If you
> don't know mark..." I have pc connected to /SMC 7004 VBR Barricade/ that
> is my router...

> /modprobe modprobe 8139too
>> Can't locate module 8139too
> /(on new kernel)/

If you selected "Y" and not "M", the support is built-in to the kernel, and
there is no need to load a module. Is your router using DHCP? Can you
connect to the Internet if you manually configure the interface?

> and/ /after:/ make oldconfig/  - I got /kernel panic/...
> /...
> kmod: failed to exec /slib/modprobe -s -h block-major-22 errno = 2
> VFS: Cannot find root device "1603" or 16:03
> please append "root=" boot option
> Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 16:03

Block device 22 is hdc (at least on 2.6 kernels). Likely you did not compile
in support for your IDE chipset, and then did not build an initrd.

> /ifconfig
>
> /say's something else on old one and new one.../

That might be helpful information - please post it.

Adam