Re: [Apache] Vhost with mod_rewrite

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:17:52PM +0100, Gob42 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to set up virtual host with sub-domain using mod_rewrite. My
> actual configuration is like this one but for all my domains.

<snip>

> Thanks a lot.

This is not what mod_rewrite is for. It matches on the path portion of a
URL, not the domain portion. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, it is dangerous to try and use something automatic like that
to manage accesses to virtual hosts. Just make a template file and write
a perl script to fill in the blanks whenever you add a new vhost, but
check it always by hand.