Re: dselect: unable to open/create access method lockfile

On 12/16/05, Brian C <brianwc@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> dselect: unable to open/create access method lockfile
>
> but I still get the same error. Can anyone explain how to allow dselect
> to create the lockfile it wants to?

I'm not sure where it would put the lockfile, but you may be able to
find out using 'strace'. strace will show you the system calls the
process is attempting, including what files it's trying to read.
'strace -o foo dselect' and then 'grep access foo' or 'grep open foo'
may give you the answer.