Re: Random DNS Relpy

On Thursday, 15 December 2005 at 21:00:06 +0100, Lars wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm running Bind9 on Sarge and it's working fine. Except when pinging
> a hostname with multiple hostnames. Fx my web and ftp server is the
> same server/IP, so they all reply. I tried having only one hostname as
> a A-record and the rest as CNAMe or having them all as A-Records. It
> makes no diference....

Yes, I had similar results recently, so that sshd on other boxes on the
network usually refused access with a prissy log entry to the effect
that "books != potty" or whatever.  I've had to abandon the virtual
hosts as a result, although I am sure there must be correct way to
achieve that.

--
richard