Re: What would I do without partimage?

William Ballard wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 10:22:55PM -0500, Marty wrote:
>
>>*What prompts this remark is an industrial application I heard about, where
>>a large number of identically configured systems used "ghost" (or similar
>>tool)
>>to reinstall a pristine copy of XP each time the systems were booted, i.e.
>>at
>>least once per day!  (True story.)
>

> I load a fresh image of XP every single time I use it.  It's unthinkably
> awful to use it otherwise.

Tell me about it.  Where I go to school, the lab machines are ghosted
weekly.  I lucked out and managed to get a SUSE 9.3 Pro workstation
setup, which I must admit is quite nice.  SUSE is very well integrated,
but I still prefer Debian by far.  I jsut count myself fortunate that
they didn't force me to use a WinXP machine.  Ugh.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto