Re: graphical installer

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 08:09:01AM -0700, Scott wrote:
> As to what is a graphical installer?  Well it gives you a GUI-based
> interface (like you get in GNOME) rather than a console interface that
> the debian-installer normally has.   Most major linux distributions
> offer both and Debian (hopefully) will eventually do the same.

I've long felt that there was no compelling reason to spend time
creating a GUI installer. Since then I've learnt that some languages
like the cjk ones are much better supported by a GUI than text modes,
and this is not something that I've personally had to deal with. Are
there any others?

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/