Unidentified subject!

Hi,

I'm trying to get the highpoint hpt-374 working on my system.

Downloaded the kernel-source-2.6.14, copied the /boot/config* to the
sourcedirectory, made the link linux and did a make oldconfig.

Then I issued the make command from the highpoint source files. As
descibed in the Readme from highpoint.
It's not building me my driver.

I tried using the hpt366 driver but it's not listing my drives as a
single drive.

Now I'm thinking to use alien for the suse or redhat driver but it's not
a  very neat sollution of solving the problem. If it works at all.
Maybe copying the source files to the /usr/src/modules directory and
build a custum kernel?

Is there any other way to get this card working?
Anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Pascal