problem creating/recognizing new folders

Hi,

I've recently installed SpamAssassin 3.0.4 and created a folder '.Spam',
from the command line, to hopefully store the suspected spam mail, and I
have two problems:

1) I cannot get my Outlook or Thunderbird clients to recognize it.  I'm
using courier-imap 0.37 on my Debian 3.0 machine, with exim 4.54, and I do
not know if it's exim that has a problem with the folder, or if it's
courier-imap.  Ownership and permissions are the same as the other folders
(.Sent and .Trash for example).

2) I cannot get exim to deliver (spam) mail into the .Spam folder.  I've
setup a .forward file containing:

# Exim filter

if
   $h_X-Spam-Status: CONTAINS "Yes"
      or
   "${if def:h_X-Spam-Flag {def}{undef}}" is "def"
then
   save $home/Maildir/INBOX.Spam/
   finish
endif

But it's not working.  Any idea what's wrong?  What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance for any/all help!
Robert