Re: creating symlinks in /proc

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 02:33:33PM +0100, Jörg Schütter wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there a way to create symlinks in /proc?
> I'm renaming my network interfaces w/ udev rules, so the name of
> my wireless-card becomes eth_wlan. Kismet tries to find a file in
> /proc/drivers/aironet/eth_wlan, but this directory does not
> exist but /proc/drivers/aironet/eth0 does exist. I assume this
> path is unafected by udev-rules.
> To make kismet run I just want to create a symlink from eth0 to
> eth_wlan in /proc/drivers/aironet/
>
> Jörg
>
> --
> Jörg Schütter                      http://www.schuetter.org/joerg
> joerg@schuetter.org                http://www.lug-untermain.de/

This might not be relevant in your case, but why not make the symlink to
the device itself with udev. I.e. /dev/eth_wlan is a symlink to
/dev/eth0.

If that is what you need, just add the SYMLINK="eth_wlan" to your udev
rule, instead of renaming it with NAME="eth_wlan".

KERNEL=="eth0", NAME="%k", SYMLINK="eth_wlan" or something like that...

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature