nautilus won't start

Hi all,

I'm running the lastest debian unstable. Everything seems perfect
except a couple of glitches. Here is one.

Nautilus won't start when gnome starts leaving the desktop blank.
Firing up nautlius in terminal isn't able to start it either. Nautilus
just sits there forever. Then I tried to remove this user as root. I
got an error like 'user is logged in' and I'm very sure this user
didn't log in at all.

So I reboot the computer, nautilus started up this time. Another
reboot, it failed again, etc..

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Cheers,
Leon