Re: Solaris: The Most Advanced OS?

Nate Bargmann wrote:
* Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> [2005 Nov 04 08:55 -0600]:

All the "Enterprise Level" features in the world fall flat on their
face when one cedes control of one's hardware to an outside company.

Several years ago we were installing phone switches from a well known
supplier.  About the same time I was at a company conducted school on

[snip]

Fast forward to this summer.  We received a memo to disable remote
access to the switches.  It seems we had terminated the maintenance
contracts with the manufacturer and they, in turn, were accessing every
switch they could and disabling our access.

Sounds like a crime to me. In Texas, at least, such an act would be
criminal.

The moral is to never allow your suppliers to have more control over
your business (or personal) assets than you do.

And this has what relevance to the thread about Solaris?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.