Re: What to do with attackers?

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 08:27 -0500, Mitch Wiedemann wrote:
> >I dont aggree. Dorpping is not _the best_.
> >He has the choice to REJECT or to DROP. It's a bit different.
> >I'd vote for REJECTing.
> I prefer DROP because it's more stealthy.

Well 50% - 50% now. :-)

> But I just did a Google
> search about DROP v. REJECT and found this interesting thread:
> http://www.linuxforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=161991

Well, also take care of the fact the attaquant may be on a dynamic IP
address line.
At the end, the OP will be balclisting a whole IP range.

For a personnal desktop, he should just avoid connecting to the #22
port. For a server, he should strenghten his SSH system and that's all.

--
Administration & Formation à l'administration
de serveurs dédiés: