Re: apt-get vs. dselect

Hi and thanks for everyone's feedback and the suggestions/encouragement
to use aptitude.

I first learned dselect when starting with Debian several years ago.
Due to discussions like this, people tipped me off to apt-get and I
started making good use of that over the past couple years.  I've been
aware of aptitude for awhile and tried opening it a few times to see
what it is about but was never grabbed by it.  Due to this discussion
and Fred's link below, I went ahead and gave it a try (the commandline
version) to manage this large update.  The link clearly points out
advantages to aptitude so I'll have to give it more consideration.

Thanks everyone!

Paul

  --received from Fred--