Re: chmod mistake

Masatran (Rajasekaran Deepak) wrote:
I accidently executed "chmod -R a+rX ." on my home directory. I want to undo
its effect.

1. Is there any way to undo its effect? (I do not have any recent backup,
and the administrators do not maintain a backup.)

2. "find" in my home directory gives 1,300 files. Is there any utility that
can be used to adjust their permissions quickly? (I will mostly be
recursively setting permissions on directories.)

you could make a simple script to set all directory rights correctly (calling itself recursively) -- though I'm curious wether there is a simpler solution?