Re: After updating testing, must now 'ifup eth0' manually - why?

Ed Lawson wrote on Nov,  1:

> > I browsed /etc/pcmcia/network and found out these suspicious
> lines in
> > /etc/pcmcia/network.opts:
> >
> > start_fn () { return; }
> > stop_fn () { return; }
> >
> > changed them to:
> >
> > start_fn () { ifup $1; }
> > stop_fn () { ifdown $1; }
> >
> > and now cardmgr behaves as it used to do (not sure when it
> > changed).
>
> I am running SID and the 2.6 kernel and have the same problem
> after a recent upgrade.  these changes did not solve the problem
> in SID so there must be something else there.

I also run an updated sid with kernel 2.6.14-1-686, but cardmgr does bring eth0
up after I changed /etc/pcmcia/network.opts.

I noticed that REFRAIN_FROM_IFUP (in /etc/default/pcmcia) doesn't matter:
whether set to yes or no, or unset, the interface is brought up just the same.
Before, the interface wasn't brought up, no matter its value.

Should I raise a bug or am I missing something here ?

Paulo