help about fonts

Hi

As a newbie I would like to have information about
fonts, charset, codepage, keymap ...cause I don t make
any difference between them

for me:

keymap is an association between keys and a code

the codepage and charset are the same association
between the last code produced by the keyboard and a
code who represents a sign (letter, numerical ...)

fonts are codes representing a sign(letter numerical)
and a graphical way of printing it

Can anyone make me clear about this ?

Thanks

PS: and sorry for my english