direct rendering on i845G chipset

hi guys,

i decided to move my notebook from windows to linux. so far everything works fine (i haven't tried suspend and similar things yet). i was just wondering whether it's possible to get direct rendering on the integrated graphics card that is on the board. the chipset is Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device

everything works with xorg from testing except the direct rendering (although everything seems to be enabled correctly).

i have
CONFIG_MTRR=y
CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
CONFIG_DRM=y
CONFIG_DRM_I810=m
CONFIG_DRM_I830=m
CONFIG_DRM_I915=m

however the system doesn't seem to use any of the drm modules.

maybe i have to somehow force x to use module from /lib/modules instead of the i810 module in /usr/x11r6...? how to do that?

btw, lsmod doesn't give me any i??? module in use.

thanks in advance for any tips. regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"