Re: Laptop clock is localtime, system time is off

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 01:13:27PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (10/10/05 06:21), Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > * Clive Menzies <clive@clivemenzies.co.uk> [2005 Oct 10 05:13 -0500]:
> >
> > > rerun base-config to reset
> >
> > Thanks for the tip, but base-config had nothing about the system time
> > in its menu, just users and passwords, hostname, configure apt, select
> > and install packages, exit and execute a shell.  I guess I'll keep
> > searching...
>
> Sorry, I assumed it would be in base-config .... my bad :(
>
> Look at man hwclock; I just had a quick look.  There is an
> option:
> --hctosys Set the System Time from the Hardware Clock.

close :-)

/etc/init.d# less hwclockfirst.sh
#!/bin/bash
# hwclockfirst.sh Set system clock to hardware clock, according to the
# UTC
#               setting in /etc/default/rcS (see also rcS(5)).

[..]

# WARNING:      If your hardware clock is not in UTC/GMT, this script
#               must know the local time zone. This information is

[..]

# REMEMBER TO EDIT hwclock.sh AS WELL!

--
Chris.